Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Lines, Lines, Lines!!!

Line, the basic of all art elements. The foundation of all art that is created.  There is only void without line!

Our focus, in a few classes (and basically all the time ;), has been 
LINES

(All the elements -and principles- of Art are continuously covered. Always, always, always :)

Here's some Kindergarten's latest 
focus on line (and color and cutting).





Drawing various lines down strips of paper and cutting them.  Then arranging (focus on composition) before gluing!


Second Grade continued with their line landscapes; adding permanent marker and starting watercolor.

Next Project: Native American Sand Art!!



They are foreground, middleground, background experts now! lol





Third, Fourth and Fifth grade 
worked on Self-Assessing their Stella sculptures (post on this later ;).

Then we started on Optical Illusion Hands.




Another cool "Whow!" project.  And learnin' some MATH in the process :)


Journal:

I am SOOOO enjoying finally being in a classroom!  For those first following, this IS my first year, but I've been dreaming of this room for decades.  I love education and I love art. What better way to teach students to learn (and to teach themselves) than through art!?  Every class is so different, and I love it. I think, if I'm this excited now, I must be in it for the long haul ;)

My current literary pause (book) is "The Big Book of Therapeutic Activity Ideas for Children and Teens." So many fairly simple activities to help students to focus, recollect and build self-actualization.  I plan to incorporate these into my "free time" station.  Sometimes students just need a brain break. Or help with a current brain-block situation (could have happened earlier before my class).  A few minutes on a guided activity geared to that specific emotional/social/focus need definitely helps!


Currently, we are taking a "sorta" break and making "Red Ribbon Week-Drug Free" posters.  They will be on display throughout the building the third week of October. And there will be a winner from each grade announced at the Red Ribbon Assembly!!!

I really need to put up kindergarten/first grade Kandinsky Dot Mural, but I'm afraid it will have to wait until November.

                                                                                                       
                  Artfully Yours',


                                                                                                                      Mrs. Bayless
             


No comments:

Post a Comment